Apple, Blueberry, and Sour Cream Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup Wild Maine Blueberry Jam or Holiday Jam
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. flour
- 6 McIntosh apples
To make the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Line pie plate with prepared pie crust and crimp edges.
3. Spread Wild Maine Blueberry Jam or Holiday Jam evenly over bottom of pie crust.
4. In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour and salt, mix thoroughly.
5. Combine the sour cream, egg, and vanilla in a medium size bowl and mix. Add the flour mixture and mix.
6. Peel, core and slice the apples (approximately 1/4 inch thick) and add them to the sour cream mixture. Toss and coat the apples, then spread them evenly in the pie crust.
7. Bake the pie at 425 degrees F for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 30 minutes.
8. While pie is baking, prepare the crumb topping by combining the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in the butter until topping resembles coarse meal.
9. After pie has cooked 30 minutes top with crumb topping and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature.